The government has set up the Covid-19 Business Advisory Fund to help businesses recover from the effects of Covid-19. The Fund enables eligible businesses to apply for a grant of up to $5,000 plus GST to get free expert advice from registered providers.
We here at Corcoran French are proud to be a registered provider under the scheme. Whether you’re a current client of ours or not, this means you may be eligible to get free legal advice from us through the scheme. If so, your legal fees will be paid for by the government.
Any businesses who want advice under the scheme have to apply the funding through a Regional Business Partner (such as Enterprise North Canterbury or Christchurch Chamber of Commerce. More information can be found here: https://covid19.nzte.govt.nz/page/regional-business-partner-network
In order for us to advise your business for free under the scheme, your business must:
- Have contacted a Regional Business Partner Growth Advisor and been assessed
- Have fewer than 100 FTE employees
- Be GST registered in New Zealand
- Have a New Zealand Business Number (all companies automatically have one)
- Be operating in a commercial environment
- Be a privately-owned business (or a Māori Trust or incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Māori Act 1993 or similar organisation managing Māori assets under multiple ownership)
The services we can currently provide through the scheme include:
- Employment advice and support including:
- Restructuring and redundancies
- Dealing with personal grievances
- Varying and updating employment agreements
- Working from home obligations
- Health and safety obligations
- Capital raising and refinancing
- Commercial lease issues including:
- Payment and abatement of rent due to the lockdown etc.
- Variations of leases
- Lease disputes
- Collection of unpaid rent
- Commercial disputes, such as those involving contracts
- Business structuring and asset protection
- Insolvency advice and dealing with creditors (including the IRD)
- Debt collection
We’re looking forward to helping you and your businesses out at this time of uncertainty. The Covid-19 Business Advisory Fund may now allow us to do that in a way that’s free for you. Please contact us directly, or contact a Regional Business Partner, for more information about how we can help.